Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jack Daniels bottle turned into light fixture

 As you can see it can be done by a NOVICE...... I don't know if you have seen these lights on sites like Etsy. They are pretty easy to do yourself. How I did mine.... Well first I ordered an Ephrem's Bottle Cutter Kit on Amazon for apx $30. I watched a few You Tube videos on how to bottle cut. I practiced of course on a few wine bottles I had in my recycle bin.... : ) The edges turned out a little rough on my Jack Daniels Honey bottle. So I cleverly hid it by dipping the edge in wax. It looks cool given its a Honey Whiskey bottle. I used a light cord I bought at Home Depot for $5 and hot glued it to the opening then wrapped black electrical tape around the top to attach and added my own light bulb. I am happy to report the wax does not melt with the heat from my bulb. ( For those who had to wonder about that) I got the bottle from a neighbor who owns a bar $0 + bottle cutter $30+ light cord $5+ my own light bulb and tape $0= $35 I've seen these sold $60 to $80.... Now I also have a bottle cutter for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment